In preparation for sending out Christmas cards this year, it was time to run a test on my new embossing pen. I’m trying out the pen this year, because last year the stamp pad I used didn’t really grip the embossing powder as much as I’d hoped, giving me a very patchy finish. The embossing pen was WAY more successful.
It involves a simple 3 step process.
- Use an embossing pen to draw or write your design.
- Cover the design with your embossing powder (I just poured straight from the jar)
- Using a heat gun go over your design and watch how fast the embossing powder sets!
I can think of many ways to use this technique!
- Quick and easy gift tags – cut the stock into gift tag shapes, write the recipient’s name or initial and emboss!
- Add a shiny effect to your handmade cards and envelopes.
- Doing a small run of letterheads, compliments slips or cards for a client? How about highlighting a section and adding something special?
Materials I used for this project: (includes affiliate links)
A4 Limestone Materica 120gsm paper from – from Papermill Direct
Papermania 1 oz Embossing Powder (Gold) – from Amazon
Tim Holtz – Ranger TDA71327 Embossing Pen 2pk – from Amazon
Etepon Mini Heat Gun Electric 300w Portable Hot Air Gun – from Amazon